Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cougar in Fall City, Cinderella in Seattle

Today is garbage day...not that it matters.

Anyway, apparently a cougar killed one of my neighbor's goats a few days ago. The Fish and Wildlife people have set a live trap to relocate the cat somewhere else. However, I think the neighbors are attempting to shoot the animal also. I suppose that's what life is like and am in no position to step up to save the cougar. After all, this same cat could drop down from a tree and attack any one of the hikers, bikers and riders who frequent this area. From the pictures I saw, it looks like the cougar is 51" long from nose to rear...add a cuppla feet for the tail and the thing is well over six feet long! It's just a sad state of affairs. There are far too many people in the world and we're crowding out every other species...

Wait! It's opera night so I have to get on the road. I'll get back to this.

Okay...it's the next day...I took one of my four granddaughters to see Seattle Opera's Cinderella performance. At first, I was concerned that the soprano seemed a bit weak but later she opened up and there was adequate strength in her delivery. I loved it! The tenor was awesome. As always, the Seattle Opera chorus was wonderful and the Magnificent Mice were mesmerizing and spectacular. In general, I found this production to be spellbinding. While I don't remember the actual roles of the characters, the Father was extremely good, the Valet was great and the adviser-guy (the bass) was really good. (It's so often that basses can't even be heard but he was up to the role...and I appreciated it immensely.) I saw no weaknesses anywhere in the cast and am pleased to have experienced Seattle Opera's work for some 25  (or more) years. My granddaughter loved it...viewing from the front row and sitting on two cushions. Seattle Opera needs our support! As long as they continue to bring in world-class talent...why go anywhere else, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment