Monday, January 26, 2015

spey

Okay, this may seem silly but...the other morning when I was in town (Fall City, WA), I noticed a vehicle with several spey-casting rods mounted on the roof. They pulled into a parking lot next to the Roadhouse restaurant where they would have access to the Snoqualmie River for some prime, steelhead fishing. The problem?...The river was blown out...flooded. There was minor flooding on all the usual, local roads. I wasn't in a position to turn around to tell them it was not possible to fish that day, so I went home. Besides, the unfortunate fishermen would see that soon enough, anyway. I assume they came to Fall City from Redmond, Bellevue or Seattle.

(When I lived in the Portland, OR area, I always called ahead to find out if the Wilson River (in Tillamook) was fishable before making the long drive with my 18' drift boat in tow.)

So...if anyone wants to know the local, river conditions...all they have to do is call me.

No comments:

Post a Comment