Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fall City Horses

Well, I was shocked by this: Yesterday, several horse riders passed my house, coming down from the trails that begin at the end of my street. As usual, my two dogs ran to the gate, barking and jumping against the fence. It happens that they do that almost every time anyone passes by, either on foot, bicycle, horse or even in cars and trucks. The shocking part was that one of the horse riders called in to my friend and me, "Can't you control your dogs?!" My dogs were fenced in and on my own property. The horse riders were outside on a public street. My dogs WERE under control! If people want to ride on a street with no possibility of being disturbed by dogs, they can just ride somewhere else and leave me alone. It's not that I like listening to my dogs barking but I don't like navigating my car around the piles of horse shit all along the road either. I also don't like listening to the VERY LOUD conversations of bicycle and horse riders coming and going all day. It seems they all feel it's necessary to shout to each other all the time. Anyway, as I mentioned, if people don't want to hear my dogs...they can just go somewhere else. I live here!

No comments:

Post a Comment