Friday, October 25, 2013

Dog Food

A few days ago, I read an article about thousands of Dogs dying, most likely from tainted food and most likely from China. The story failed to mention which brands of food were implicated, oddly.

I have always fed my dog, Origin. Also, I keep a spare bag of Purina, Beneful, for the times when I run out of the Origin. In addition, there are three separate kinds of, supposedly healthy, dog treats in the house.

I read the labels of all five products, to my dismay.

There is really no indication on any of them as to where the "food" comes from. They say things like, "...packaged for so and so". And "...manufactured for so and so". However, even with the most expensive brands, there is no mention where the food actually comes from. It may ALL come from China for all I know! Certainly there are some brands known to come from China...especially those sold at Walmart where Chinese manufacturers lead the pack!

Not all the affected pets have died from this mess. Some developed lingering lethargy and eventually recovered. Many died.

This situation is unacceptable. I want to know where the "food" comes from and I want the producers to be forthright and accountable!

Read the labels!

No comments:

Post a Comment