Monday, December 9, 2013

Oh, the short-lived horror of blackness!

It's been cold around here lately...eleven to twenty degrees in the mornings. I wear two coats and have a blanket over my hat to keep my ears warm, whether inside the house or out.

Well, I was getting ready to take the dawg for a walk up the trail...that means I had to put on a decent pair of shoes.

Anyway, it's not easy to tie the laces. I have to prop up each foot and bend over as far as I can to reach my feet and just feel around to get the job done.

After leaning over so long, sitting on a chair in front of the computer and finally taking a deep breath, I sat up. The computer was black! The entire room was black! It made no sense because, even if the power had gone out, it was still daytime. Had I gone blind?! I broke out in a sweat!

All's well that ends well! I finally realized my blanket had fallen down over my face and there I sat in self-imposed darkness. A quick flip of the hand to lift the blanket and it was light again! I did enjoy a long, raucous laugh at my own expense. Ah, the unpredictable trials of aging!

No comments:

Post a Comment