Saturday, April 18, 2015

Turkey

So...I was watching old clips and episodes of Family Feud on YouTube and I came across a British version. Of course, this is all with a British accent...
The host asks the guy...

"Something you would take to the beach..."
To everyone's amazement, he says, "turkey."
"Okay, something you would buy at the grocery..."
The guy smiles and says..."turkey."
Next..."Something you would stuff..."
Laughing now, the guy says..."turkey!"
The man has no answers at all for the next two questions and the host tells him he could win a two-week vacation in...Turkey!

Sometimes, just as I wake up in the morning, I think of that and before I even get up, I'm roaring with laughter in bed until I cry..."Tuhkey!" I think those mornings are the best...when I'm already laughing so hard before I push back the blankets!

So...I was thinking of additional questions to help the poor bloke...

"Name a kind of vulture..."
"Tuhkey".
What's a cold way to quit drinking?"
"Tuhkey!"
"Name a kind of trot..."
"Tuhkey."
"A kind of soup...
"Tuhkey."
"Okay, a kind of wild whiskey..."
"tuhkey."
"Now you're giving me agita...Name a kind of pot pie..."
Laughing again,"Tuhkey."
"Okay, a kind of bacon..."
"Tuhkey!"
"Oh my gods...a type of sandwich..."
"Tuhkey.'
"Meatball?"
"Tuhkey!"


...and so on...and so on...

So...I received a recipe for Chicken Pho (called Pho Ga). I thought I would have to substitute many items but when I was wondering, "If I substitute turkey for chicken, what do they call turkey pho? It can't be Pho Ga (that's chicken.)"

With all my research to date, the best translation I can come up with for turkey in Vietnamese is..."Tuhkey!"

Since I'm such a simple kind of person, maybe no one else may find this Family Feud clip to be so funny...but I do and laugh until I cry every time it crosses my mind.





No comments:

Post a Comment